Serve: 4 people
Before starting to cook: No prior preparation is necessary.
- 2 cups of red kidney beans, boiled very soft
- Water in which you boiled the beans
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- 1 small red onion cut into four quarters
- 1 cube of chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon of chopped coriander/cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of mashed garlic
- 1 pinch of oregano
- In a pot heat the oil. Add oregano, onion, garlic, tomato paste, celery and herbs. Stir and add two tablespoons of water. Add the beans and simmer. When the water has almost evaporated add the chicken bouillon and two more tablespoons of water, stir. Add the remaining water mashing the beans over heat. Boil at medium heat until it reaches a creamy consistency. Adjust salt to taste.
- Serve with arroz blanco, a side dish (or salad) and meat.